Readappy is a community of readers. For this reason, we encourage and support reading of books written in all languages and in all forms.
By accessing, browsing or using the App and the Website (including any users who are also authors of Content as defined below), you agree to abide by and to be bound by the terms included in this General Agreement and the following terms and conditions and policies, including any future amendments thereto (collectively, the "Agreement"):
• General Agreement
• Code of Conduct
This Agreement contains disclaimers and other provisions that limit our liability to you. Please review the terms and conditions of this Agreement carefully.
If you do not accept and abide by this General Agreement, do not use the App and the Website.
Terms of service:
1. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
1.1. Readappy is a web-based platform that allows people to recommend, review and buy books, share titles and authors, build your own digital library and compete to be the best adviser playing with other readers. The general ensemble of the mentioned services, as well as others provided by Readappy and Chimiconsigliaunlibro.it is further indicated as the “Services”.
You understand and agree that the Service is provided to you on an “as is” and “as available” basis for your personal use only. Readappy reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue the Service with or without notice at any time and without any liability to you.
2. USE OF SERVICES
2.1. By browsing or using Readappy you agree:
a. that you are responsible for your own use of our Services, for any actions you take and for any consequences thereof; and
b. that you will use our Services in compliance with all applicable local, national and international laws, rules and regulations, including any laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from your Country of residence; and
2.2. Violation of clause 2.1(a) may result in immediate termination of this Agreement and may subject you to penalties and other legal consequences.
2.3. By its very nature, Readappy may carry offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate material. We expect that you will use caution and common sense and exercise proper judgment when using Readappy.
2.4. Readappy does not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of any communications posted via our Services or endorse any opinions expressed via our Services.
You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted via Readappy will be at your own risk.
2.5. Readappy may be available also through applications built using our platform. Examples of Readappy applications include: smartphone applications (i.e. Readappy for iPhone, iPad, Android or other devices or operating systems), moreover, interactive plug-ins distributed on websites across the web (i.e. Facebook applications). If you use a Readappy application or interact with a website that has deployed a plug-in, you agree that information about you and your use of our Services, including, but not limited to, your device, your mobile carrier, your internet access provider, your physical location, and/or web pages containing our plug-ins that load in your browser may be communicated to us.
Further, by importing any of your Readappy data through our applications, you represent that you have authority to share the transferred data with your mobile carrier or other access provider. You acknowledge you are responsible for all charges and necessary permissions related to accessing Readappy through your mobile access provider. Therefore, you should check with your provider to find out if the Services are available and the terms for these services for your specific mobile devices.
Finally, by using any downloadable application to enable your use of our Services, you are explicitly confirming your acceptance of the terms of the End User License Agreement associated with the application provided at download or installation, or as may be updated from time to time.
3. READAPPY USER ACCOUNT
3.1. In order to access some features of the Website and of the App, including the possibility to submit any Content, you will have to create a Readappy account. When creating an account, you must provide accurate and complete information. It is important that you must keep your account password secure and confidential.
3.2. You must notify Readappy immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your Readappy account that you become aware of for the duration of these Terms and after these Terms have expired.
3.3. You agree that you will be solely responsible for all activity that occurs under your Readappy account.
4.1. "Content" shall mean text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, audiovisual combinations, interactive features and other materials you may view on, access through or contribute to Readappy.
4.2. As a Readappy account holder you may submit and share Content. You understand that whether or not Content is published, Readappy does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to Content.
4.3. You retain all of your ownership rights in your Content, but you are required to grant certain license rights to Readappy and other users of the Service. These are described in clause 9.2 of these Terms (Your Intellectual Property Rights / Rights you license to Readappy).
4.4. You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for your own Contents and the consequences of posting or publishing it. Readappy does not endorse any Content or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein. Readappy expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with Content.
4.5. You represent and warrant that:
• you are the sole owner of and/or hold all rights in and to your Content; and
• you have (and will continue to have during your use of the Service) all necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions which are required to enable Readappy to use your Content for the purposes of the provision of the Services by Readappy, and otherwise to use your Content in the manner contemplated by the Services and these Terms.
4.6. You agree that your conduct on the Website and any submission of Content through the Website shall comply with the present Content Policy, as updated from time to time.
4.7. You agree that you will not post or upload any Content which contains material which is unlawful for you to possess in the Country, state, or locality in which you are resident, or which it would be unlawful for Readappy to use or possess in connection with the provision of the Service.
4.8. You agree that Content you submit to Readappy will not contain any third party copyright material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights (including rights of privacy or rights of publicity), unless you have a formal license or permission from the rightful owner, or are otherwise legally entitled, to post the material in question and to grant Readappy the license referred to in clause 9.2 below. Also, you agree not to copy, reproduce, alter, modify or create derivative works from any Content submitted by other users of the Website, unless you have a formal license or permission from the rightful owner, or are otherwise legally entitled, to post the material in question and to grant Readappy the license referred to in clause 9.2 below. You agree to indemnify and hold Readappy and its officers, directors, employees and agents liable from and against any claims, losses, costs, expenses (including legal fees), damages and liabilities related to or associated with your breach of this paragraph 4.8.
4.9. On becoming aware of any potential violation of these Terms, Readappy reserves the right (but shall have no obligation) to decide whether Content complies with the content requirements set out in these Terms and may remove such Content and/or terminate a User's access for uploading Content which is in violation of these Terms at any time, without prior notice and at its sole discretion.
4.10. You further understand and acknowledge that in using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is factually inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable to you. You agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against Readappy with respect to any such Content.
6. GENERAL PRACTICES REGARDING USE AND STORAGE
6.1. You agree that Readappy has no responsibility or liability for the deletion of or the failure to store or to transmit, any Content and other communications maintained by the Services.
6.2. Readappy retains the right to create limits on use and storage at our sole discretion at any time with or without notice.
7. CONTENT OF THE SERVICE
7.1. Readappy takes no responsibility for third-party content (including any viruses or other disabling features), nor does Readappy have any obligation to monitor such third-party content.
7.2. Readappy reserves the right at all times to remove or refuse to distribute any content on the Service, such as content which violates the terms of this Agreement.
7.3. Readappy also reserves the right to access, read, preserve and disclose any information as it reasonably believes is necessary to:
• satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
• enforce this Agreement, including investigation of potential violations hereof;
• (d) reply to user support requests; or
• protect the rights, property or safety of Readappy, its users and the public.
7.4. Readappy will not be responsible or liable for the exercise or non-exercise of its rights under this Agreement.
8. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
8.1. Readappy’s Intellectual Property Rights:
8.1.1. You acknowledge that Readappy owns all right, title and interest in and to the Services, including all intellectual property rights. You understand and acknowledge that Readappy Rights have been developed through the investment of considerable time, effort, and capital.
8.1.2. Readappy Rights are protected by international intellectual property laws, as well as by Italian intellectual property laws. As a consequence, you agree that you will not copy, reproduce, alter, modify or create derivative works from Readappy, including any source code of the Website. You also agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automated device or manual process to monitor or copy any content from the Service. Furthermore, you agree not to violate any measure employed by Readappy to limit or prevent access to the Services, violate the security of the Services or attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Services, or impersonate any person or entity to gain illicit access to the Services.
8.2. Your Intellectual Property Rights
8.2.1 Readappy claims no ownership over any Content submitted, posted or displayed by you on or through the Website. You or a third-party licensor, as appropriate, retain all patent, trademark and copyright to any Content you submit, post or display on or through the Website and you are responsible for protecting those rights, as appropriate.
8.2.2. By submitting, posting or displaying Content on or through Website, you grant Readappy a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, transferable and fully sublicensable, non-exclusive, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, incorporate into other works, distribute, perform, display, and otherwise exploit such Content, in whole or in part in any form, media or technology now known or later developed on the Website for the purpose of displaying and distributing the Service.
You hereby waive any moral rights you may have in any Content submitted by you and you hereby grant each user of the Website a non-exclusive license to access the Content submitted by you through the Website. You understand and agree, however, that Readappy may retain, but not display, distribute, or perform, server copies of Content submitted by you that have been removed or deleted.
8.2.3. Readappy furthermore reserves the right to refuse to accept, post, display or transmit any Content at its sole discretion.
8.2.4. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein to any Content submitted.
8.3. Readappy content on the Website
8.3.1 With the exception of Content submitted to Readappy by you, you are not granted any right and/or license, or ownership including any copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property rights to any Content, other than as explicitly set forth in these Terms.
8.3.2. Any third party trade or service marks present on Content not uploaded or posted by you are trade or service marks of their respective owners. Such Content may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purpose whatsoever without the prior written consent of Readappy or, where applicable, Readappy’s licensors. Readappy and its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to their Content.
9.1. Readappy operates a clear copyright policy in relation to any Content which is alleged to infringe the copyright of a third party.
9.2. If you believe that your copyright has been infringed on the Service, please file a copyright infringement notice with us. The notice should be in writing and include, in the order set out below, the following:
• A statement that you have identified Content on the Website that infringes your copyright (or infringes the copyright of a third party on whose behalf you are entitled to act);
• A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, which should include the type of work (such as a book, article, etc.) and any relevant further details (such as the title and date of publication, as applicable);
• The country or countries to which your copyright applies;
• A description of the way in which the copyright material has been infringed;
• A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on our Website (including a URL and screen shot);
• Your address, telephone number, and email address so that we may get in contact with you;
• A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted work is not authorized by the copyright owner (or by a third party who is legally entitled to do so on behalf of the copyright owner) and is not otherwise permitted by law;
• A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf; and
• An electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner.
9.3. A complaint can be submitted by:
• Sending a registered mail letter to our registered office address, Attn: Copyright Infringement Notification.
• Sending us a certified e-email to the following email address: email@example.com Attn: Copyright Infringement Notification.
9.4. Readappy will terminate user access to the Service if a user has been determined to be a repeat infringer. A repeat infringer is a user who has been notified of infringing activity more than twice.
10. NO RESALE OF THE SERVICE
Unless expressly authorized in writing by Readappy, you agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes (a) any portion of the Service, (b) use of the Service or (c) access to the Service.
11. TERMINATION, SUSPENSION
12.1. Readappy may, at its sole discretion, at any time and for any reason, terminate the Service, terminate this Agreement or suspend or terminate your Readappy account.
12.2. In the event of termination, your account will be disabled and you may not be granted access to your account or any files or other content contained in your account although residual copies of information may remain in our system for some time for back-up purposes.
12.3. Sections 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 11 - 16 of the Agreement shall survive expiry or termination.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION
12.1. Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit Readappy’s liability for losses which may not be lawfully excluded or limited by applicable law.
12.2. Subject to the overall provision in paragraph 12.1 above, Readappy shall not be liable to you for:
• ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR UNFORESEEABLE LOSSES WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS (WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY), ANY LOSS OF GOODWILL OR BUSINESS REPUTATION, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA SUFFERED BY YOU;
• any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of:
◦ any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, or as a result of any relationship or transaction between you and any advertiser or sponsor whose advertising appears on the Service;
◦ any changes which Readappy may make to the Services, or for any permanent or temporary cessation in the provision of the Service (or any features within the Service);
◦ the deletion of, corruption of, or failure to store, any Content and other communications data maintained or transmitted by or through your use of the Services;
◦ your failure to provide Readappy with accurate account information;
◦ your failure to keep your password or Readappy account details secure and confidential.
12.3. You agree to indemnify and hold Readappy and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents and employees harmless from and against any third-party claim arising from or in any way related to your use of the Service, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, and litigation costs and lawyers' fees, of every kind and nature. In such a case, Readappy will provide you with written notice of such claim, suit or action.
13. THIRD-PARTY COPYRIGHT
13.1. Apple Inc: when mentioned, Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
14. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
14.1. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Readappy and governs your use of the Services, superseding any prior agreements between you and Readappy.
15. WAIVER AND SEVERABILITY OF TERMS
15.1. The failure of Readappy to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
16. CHOICE OF LAW, JURISDICTION, FORUM
16.1. Any claims, legal proceedings or litigation arising in connection with the Services will be brought solely in City Court of Rome (Tribunale di Roma), Rome, Italy, and you consent to the jurisdiction of such court.
Readappy is a community dedicated to books and readers. For this reason, we encourage, support and protect the diffusion of written thought in all languages and in all forms.
There are many different ways in which people may interact with Readappy: recommending and reviewing books, sharing recommendations or phrases of books like incipit. By doing so, you share information with us, for instance, by creating an account, by posting Contents, or sharing books titles. While doing so, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and how you can protect your privacy.
If you should have any doubts or questions on Privacy matters, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information we collect:
We collect information in order to optimize our Services and to grant you a safe interaction with them. We collect information in two ways:
• Information you give us: you may provide Readappy with some information. For example, when you sign up to Readappy, we will ask for some personal information, like your name and email address. If you want to take full advantage of our features, we might also ask you to add further information, such as billing information for payments.
• Information we get from your use of our services: we may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you visit a website that uses our advertising services or when you browse and interact with our banners and Contents. This information includes:
◦ Device information: this means device-specific information, such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
◦ Log information: when you use our services or browse our Contents we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
▪ details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
▪ Internet protocol address.
▪ device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
▪ cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Readappy Account.
◦ Location information: When you use a location-enabled Readappy service, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
◦ Unique application numbers: Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to Readappy when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
◦ Local storage: We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Readappy and our users.
When you contact Readappy, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services.
Readappy processes data on servers that may be located outside the Country where you live.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that we are not able to match for technical, legal or economical reasons.
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. After you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Readappy unless one of the following circumstances apply:
• With your consent: we will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Readappy when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
• For legal reasons: we will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Readappy if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
◦ To meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
◦ to enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
◦ to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
◦ to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Readappy, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We might share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect Readappy and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
• We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
• We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
• We restrict access to personal information to Readappy employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Code of Conduct
Readappy is a community dedicated to the art of the word, to books and readers. For this reason, we encourage, support and protect the diffusion of written thought in all languages and in all forms.
To this end, and in particular for the effective protection of freedom of expression, we have drawn a few rules, simple and clear, that all Readappy’s users, readers and writers are required to acknowledge and respect.
This Code of Conduct is part of the General Agreement between the user and Readappy as provided in the latest updated version available. We reserve the right to update the content at any time without notice. Reading the conditions provided in the Agreement will mean accepting the general provisions included in the Code of Conduct.
What Readappy’s users are committed for:
• Supporting freedom of expression: Readappy committed to supporting, in any manner and according to their abilities, the spread and defense of freedom of speech for all individuals, in respect of others' opinion, of others' rights and of laws and rules laid down to protect Readappy and its users.
• Supporting the dissemination of written communication: Readappy is a community created to enable the recommendation of books and other written Contents.
• Developing new forms of creative cooperation: the very nature of Readappy involves collaboration between people in order to create new expressions and new virtuous relationships. Therefore Readappy and Readappy’s users undertake to improve and grow cooperation among individuals.
• Encouraging open and fair debate: Readappy admits the exchange of ideas and opinions among its members, works to stimulate the "clean" and loyal dialogue, free of prohibited or offensive Content.
What Readappy’s users don’t admit:
• Violation of personal rights: Readappy prohibits and undertakes to denounce all those who publish content that offend the personal rights of anyone, such as, for instance, violation of privacy, stalking activities, private violence, threats, insults, defamation and any other action potentially infringing the rights of the single.
• Content detractors: Readappy prohibits the publication and sharing of any Content bearer of discrimination based on sex, age, religion, social status, nationality, place of birth or origin, ethnicity.
• Offenses against minors: Readappy prohibits the publication or sharing of anything in relation to children which is considered as sexually suggestive or violent. Readappy forbids and condemns any form of violence, even if indirect or veiled, in relation to children and adolescents.
• Offenses against women: Readappy prohibits the publication or sharing of anything that contains references deemed unpleasant against the female gender, even if expressed in an indirect or subtle way.
• Apology of violence in all its forms: Readappy prohibits and contrasts advocating extreme violence or hatred against individuals or groups.
• Incitement to violence in all its forms: Readappy prohibits and denounces the incitement to violence or hatred against individuals or groups. Although we firmly believe that the best response to hatred and violence is not censorship, Readappy reserves the right to take the measures it considers most appropriate to prevent the dissemination of these ideas through its own channels.
• Incitement to break the laws: Readappy prohibits incitement to violate, circumvent or evade the international and national laws.
What Readappy’s users do not do when using Readappy:
• Spamming: it is forbidden any activity intended to disrupt the normal use of the Content by the users, as well as any activity aimed at obtaining benefits or profits without an explicit authorization from Readappy, such as, for example, sending unwanted messages or content aggregation, posting misleading or deceptive comments or tags, entering misleading links, or links with dubious origin in their content, using deceptive means to generate income or data traffic, or creating Contents with the primary purpose of marketing. And forwards, it is prohibited the automatic creation of accounts or automatic delivery of Content. Readappy is against the use of such forms of communication and interaction, so we disavow and reject any responsibility for these activities.
• Violation of copyright: all are bound to respect copyright and trademark laws. It is a policy of Readappy to respond to notices of alleged infringement of copyright or trademark, as provided by clauses inserted in the Agreement General.
• Endangering the safety of systems and data: Readappy reserves the right to act with the means allowed by law, against anyone attempting to the safety of their IT infrastructure, databases and the data of Readappy and of its users.
If Readappy should hold that there is any violation of the Code of Conduct it reserves the right to send a specific written notice via email.
If the alleged responsible is unable to explain or correct their behavior, their account may be suspended and/or deleted, and its IP address may be blocked.
Readappy strives to ensure fair treatment in all cases we reserve the right to terminate accounts and/or remove any Content without notice for any reason, but above all to protect our services, our infrastructure, our users and the entire Readappy community. These rules do not create a contractual duty to Readappy.
Readappy is a community which is open to new ideas and contributions. If you believe you can provide us with comments or questions, helpful to improve the content of this Code of Conduct, please do so by writing to: email@example.com. The Readappy team will be happy to receive your suggestions and to consider with you the merits of the proposals that we will receive.